(Potatoes and Cauliflower pan fried together with tomatoes in a dry masala curry)
Cauliflower – 1 whole (wash, cut into florets and keep in warm salted (1/2 tsp) water)
Potato – 1 large (skin removed and chopped into cubes)
Onion – 1 small (chopped finely)
Tomato – 4 small (chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Oil – 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Kitchen King Masala – 3 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves – handful (chopped finely)
1) Heat oil in a non-stick kadai on medium-low, once hot add cumin seeds wait for few secs to splutter, add curry leaves, fry and add chopped onion and fry until light brown.
2) Add ginger garlic paste and potato pieces, mix well and fry for 5 mins.
3) Add turmeric, cayenne pepper and k’k'masala, mix well. Immediately add tomato pieces and cook until they becomes mushy or soft.
4) Add cauliflower florets, mix well and add 1/2 cup of water, bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins.
5) Add salt to taste and chopped coriander leaves and cook away for 2 mins and switch off (check wether potatoes are cooked or not and then switch off).
Serve with Rice, Yoghurt and Mixed Vegetable Pickle on side. Even goes well with Roti.
If you don’t have mustard oil then use rice bran oil, instead of cumin seeds add mustard seeds same amount. But, I recommend mustard oil