- Wherever you display information from the API, you'll also need to display our logo (see below) in a manner that's obvious to the casual user that the information originates from MenuMania.
- You always need to display our aggregate star rating graphics and the number of reviews on which they're based.
- You are not required to show review excerpts, but if you do, include a "read more" (or similarly worded) link at the end of the excerpt to the corresponding full review. If you don't display review excerpts, you'll need to include a "read reviews" or similar unambiguous link to the corresponding business profile page on MenuMania's site.
- If you're showing review content from multiple providers, reviews should be displayed in chronological order across providers (most recent first), or MenuMania content should be the first provider shown.
- If you're using MenuMania in a mobile application or for business owner tools (such as reputation management), see the additional terms below.
- Don't just recreate the functionality of MenuMania's own website or mobile apps. If you're thinking about using our API to build a site where people find and review great local eating places, there's a rad site for that already!
- Don't "nofollow" your links to MenuMania. Any link back to MenuMania or MenuMania mobile should be follow-able.
- Don't make scheduled or batch calls to the MenuMania API. API calls should only be generated at the point of user inquiry.
- Don't aggregate or blend our star ratings and review counts with other providers. You may show content from multiple providers, but MenuMania data should stand on its own. For example, you may not average MenuMania business ratings with other providers to show an overall score.
- Don't alter our logo, graphics, or any of the other information from the API.
- You can monetize your apps and sites to your heart's content -- we don't require any sort of revenue share - but don't create tools for sale that extend MenuMania functionality (such as Facebook integration).
- While you can display overall ratings and review counts, you can't display our review excerpts, except by framing the MenuMania mobile site within an in-app browser. Otherwise, you'll need to include a "read reviews" or similar unambiguous link to the corresponding business profile page on MenuMania's mobile site, as returned by the API.
- On platforms where MenuMania also has a mobile application, we may require you to link directly to our application instead of our mobile site.
- Don't enable/allow users to generate rating content for businesses similar to MenuMania content.
- When linking to our mobile site, don't block or obscure the "Download MenuMania App" link.
- Have clear MenuMania branding at the top of app/mobile pages where you're using and/or incorporating content from the API, visible without scrolling. Attribution to MenuMania should appear as soon as MenuMania content does.
- You must include a link to menumania.co.nz where the business can claim their MenuMania page, and any links such as "Reply to this review" should point to menumania.co.nz as well.
- You must show the MenuMania logo alongside any content from MenuMania.
- Do not enable re-sharing of MenuMania content (to Twitter, Facebook, or elsewhere) or republish a stream of MenuMania review content.
- Do not incorporate MenuMania information into rating trends, perform semantic analysis on content, or suggest the ability to remove negative reviews.
- Depending on your site, we may require access to an account to view information as you're presenting it.
One of the following buttons must be used when fulfilling the MenuMania Display Requirements detailed above. Link the image (and make sure it's a follow-able link) to http://www.menumania.co.nz.