De Bier Haus Restaurant
Tauranga 07-928 0833
Reason number 1 for taking family to De Bier Haus is…Announced 1 week ago
- Tues – Thur 3pm – late
- Fri – Sun 11am – late
- Business Dining
- Children's Menu
- Live Music
- Children's Play Area
- Private Dining Room
- Private Functions
- Private Parties
- Romantic Dining
- Wedding Functions
- Payment Types: EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
- Price Range: Spendy, $25 - $35
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Cocktails
- Seating for: 100
- BYO/Corkage: No BYO
- Parking: Pay & Display
- Good For Groups: Yes
- Good For Children: Yes
- Takeaways: Yes
- Takes Reservations: Yes
- Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Outdoor Seating: Yes
- Meals: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
- Wi-Fi: Free
Originally designed as a Belgian style beer hall, De Bier Haus Bar and Restaurant has evolved over its 8 years in business to become an iconic destination for great steaks and seafood, and a warm welcoming atmosphere where the staff are friendly and attentive.
De Bier Haus only uses the best fresh produce and Prime Hereford beef, voted best beef in New Zealand.
Voted 4th on the list of things to do in the Bay of Plenty by Lonely Planet, this gastro bar is popular with the local business people after work, families in the weekend, and they often have a crowd for the live acoustic music on Friday nights.
With its long tables and bench seating, it is ideal for large groups of people to gather around and soak up the ambience. De Bier Haus has a large open fire in the dining hall, stunning views of the harbour, and a kids play room on Sundays, making it hard to imagine a more favourable situation for socialising with friends and family.
8 Reviews for De Bier Haus Restaurant
We were entertaining visitors from Australia and thought this might be a nice place. Wrong!
1. Prices not cheap
2. 7 at the table – one bottle of water supplied
3. Asked for more water and lemon – arrived 30 mins later after further requests
4. After 1 hour and 30 mins with no food I asked the Manager to come and speak with us. She did not come to see us but continued to do “busy work” to avoid us and I had to ask a second time for her to come and see us. I explained the situation in a calm and friendly manner and was accused of being rude.
5. The entrees finally came out and the seafood chowder had a skin on it and was cold (obviously sitting for a long time in the kitchen), the bread in the bread and dips was stale! The Calamari was under cooked and far too salty.
The Manager was not sympathetic and there was no offer to try and rectify our concerns.
After waiting for more that 1 1/2 hours with few people in the restaurant to justify the delays (about 20 people – Three in the kitchen!) we left without paying or eating and will not be going back. I would not recommend trying this restaurant.
P.S. I am very skeptical of the positive reviews of this restaurant as they are not very specific and seem to follow the bad reviews.
A great place to take the kids too – we have two little ones – and they give them crayons and a colouring in page to keep them happy. Good range on Children’s menu.