- Wed – Sat from 6pm
- Business Dining
- Scenic View
- Private Functions
- Private Parties
- Romantic Dining
- Payment Types: EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard
- Price Range: Spendy, $25 - $35
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Cocktails
- Seating for: 32
- BYO/Corkage: No BYO
- Parking: Free Off-Street
- Good For Groups: Yes
- Good For Children: Yes
- Takeaways: No
- Takes Reservations: Yes
- Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Soy-free
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Outdoor Seating: No
- Meals: Dinner
A casual dining experience in warm comfortable surrounds overlooking Whangarei Harbour
A well balanced menu with honest, unfussy, modern new zealand cuisine using french culinary techniques
A concise wine list knowledgeably chosen to complement the food
A note about us…
• we have many relationships with local suppliers (Northland & Nationally) that allow us to use the freshest & best produce
• we take the opportunity of the seasons and change dishes regularly
• we actively seek out artisan growers, wine makers, farmers and other producers and create delicious & innovative dishes for you to enjoy
• we serve 18-20 wines by the glass, all yummy & with great food compatibility
• we also make our own breads, pates, terrines, chutneys, jams, sauces & dressings
• finally, our food is cooked to order and we happily cater to specific dietary requirements
19 Reviews for TopSail Restaurant
Great selection on the menu, something for everyone. You have got to go!
Thanks Debbie and Ian. We will be back.
In short, TopSail is a hidden gem, be prepared to be pleasantly surprised! Never judge a book by its cover…… The place looks like nothing from the outside, but the magic starts when you turn the door knob……
The view, the food, the wine list! Absolutely fantastic!
See you soon.
However, they did their best to accommodate us and we were able to have an entree sitting at a table reserved for someone else due in 30 minutes time then we sat on a settee with a coffee table pulled up in front of us, and ate our dessert.
Not quite the occasion I had been expecting at all!
The food was delicious!!
As well as the great food there are nice views out over the harbour from this small, cosy and friendly restaurant.
Lovely to find some changes in the menu with the extras added to the dish.
Those prawns on skewer with age beef fillet were superb.
And the wine to go with the dish, spot on!
(Don’t lose your chef, we advised Deb after the first of regular visits. I won’t…I married him, said Deb!)
There recently when Ian emerged from his tiny kitchen towards the end of the evening…and all the diners spontaneously applauded him. Ses it all!!!
Topsail staff and food, add quality to our lives!
Excellent food, which is consistently good, deliciously tasty and beautifully presented. Very pleasant, friendly service. Stunning location with lovely views over the harbour. Great wine list.
The best dining experience in Whangarei. We highly recommend.
The only place in New Zealand that I have been served whitebait as they should be. Lightly tossed in seasoned flour, crisp, tasty and garnished with only a slice of lemon. And the mains were to die for too. Great service, stunning view and an awesome wine list. Thank you so much for a memorable dining experience. I and all of my friends will be back!