Tusk Thai Restaurant
- Sun – Thu 5.30pm – 10.30pm
- Fri – Sat 5.30pm – 11.00pm
- Private Dining Room
- Private Functions
- Payment Types: EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
- Price Range: Moderate, $15 - $25
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Cocktails
- Seating for: 120 inside, 4 outside
- Good For Groups: Yes
- Takeaways: Yes
- Takes Reservations: Yes
- Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Outdoor Seating: Yes
- Meals: Dinner
Tusk Restaurant & Bar serves fine Thai cuisine in a stylish contemporary setting. Since 1997, Tusk Thai Restaurant has earned an enviable reputation as one the leading Thai restaurants in Auckland.
Tusk offers an outstanding dining experience by bravely combining the traditions of the past with today’s new dining era, to encapsulate the unique qualities of Thai cuisine.
Tusk Restaurant & Bar offers you the very best in hospitality, with an extensive wine selection to accompany its superb menu.
25 Reviews for Tusk Thai Restaurant
One of Tusk Thai Restaurant's Favourite Reviews What's This?
Would definately consider going again.
We had to ask for our menus and there was confusion over that. We waited an hour and a half for our mains and it took us 10 minutes to eat some of it. The staff are friendly but not that attentive.
The appetizers: The fresh spring rolls are are 2 fresh rolls cut in half with no rice noodles or fresh herbs in them.They’re put on a plate with a terrible fishy sauce with masses of what seamed like toasted coconut sprinkled everywhere? The curry puffs are like the ones you get in a packet at the supermarket and fry yourself at home. The RICE is a glutinous blob not worth $2.50. We had the vege green curry and it was just SO standard I could have made it better at home. I think they charged $22 for a curry. We also had the wok fried prawns once again in an average sauce with a total of 10 prawns max for $25?
It was so disappointing – the food courts are better than this! But the funny thing is the guy at the register didn’t even ask how our meals were, he was to busy punching in numbers because they are SO BUSY. My advice if you are thinking about going to this average restaurant consider a food court and pay half the amount of money and get your meals at a reasonable time.
Hubby was really happy with his chicken red curry too. We completely cleaned the plates!
I just have two recommendations – one was that they didn’t have my booking when I got there (I’d phoned in at about 5pm, and there was no record of it… but it was no drama – they found us a good table).
Second recommendation would be that they deep fry their tofu fresh, for longer, and in smaller chunks? I’m no chef, so am not sure what the process is, but the tofu green curry was served-up in less than 5 minutes – which was good on one hand, because we were really hungry… but the tofu was, in my opinion, not as tasty as it could be. So on the other hand, I would’ve preferred to wait longer for my meal to be served if the tofu had been freshly deep-fried to a crispness, and in smaller hunks, so you can’t taste the sections of unflavoured tofu.
Regardless, our little family had a lovely time, and really enjoyed our food. Service was great overall. The venue was comfortable and nice, and parking was pretty easy round the corner in The Warehouse carpark.
We will happily return.
Reasons why I give two stars.
I got dished out rice onto my plate by a communal pot. I’m not an overly fussy person but come on, give me a suitable serving size bowl with rice in it?
I am incredibly hungry after I left. The curry was spicy and recommended – I had the lamb but it was though someone threw spices in there to make it seem more or less authentic.
My potatoes were barely cooked, not soft and moist in the curry juices. As carbs and I have our on off relationship – the curry needed to have been more up to game. Veges were not market fresh as specified and those three pieces of lamb one of which was fully fat is possibly the reason why I am disappointed.
Average, overpriced – wish I had more of a say where the dinner was held.
The food wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t spectacular either. For that price you’d expect excellent service and excellent food. The average to above average food was really let down by the front of house, which aside from one male staff seemed very disinterested and disorganized. The woman that came over to give us more rice said nothing the entire time. No smile, nothing. When I got up to active find them to say that we’re ready to order, the guy I asked just kept doing what he was doing. Took a whole minute before another waiter came to take our order.
Would’ve given this place 3 stars if not for the final slap in the face before we left. We were told that seafood dishes were to be charged an extra $5. Our voucher was taken away as soon as we arrived and no one told us of this rule when we ordered the Salmon. Absolutely disgusting service. Will never go back again, not even with a voucher.
Second the entrees were like just heated up in microwave which were served within few minutes after placing our order. Which raised our question is it even fresh we had prawns and salmon skewers.
In mains we had garlic beef and red curry. Beef was nice but curry was too runny. I had better red curries at other Thai places. Jasmine rice was way below the standard, first serve of rice was too sticky and looked old.
Overall I would rate this place very low say 3 out of 10.
8 Aug 2011. Been here a few times a year or so ago and food and service was consistently good. Went recently with a voucher and while it was busy, staff seemed to be fast with food delivery and continued to fill our water glasses thru the evening. Quality of food was good, as expected. However we had the 4 course banquet and while the main was sufficient I felt the entree could have been a bit more generous. Unfortunately the most disappointing part of the meal was the dessert. For 2 people: 2 small pieces of jelly, 3 slices of apple and 3 of orange + 1 grape. My husband offered to share it by cutting it in half by I respectfully declined leaving him to struggle his way thru the entire plate. I dont know if this was due to the voucher or the economic climate but if this is the dessert offering, it could have been alot better for minimal outlay. Overall a nice evening and thanks to the main we didnt leave hungry. Thank you.
1. Drinks – We were not asked if we wanted drinks but in saying this they served plenty of water. Wine glasses still left on the table (we only required 5)
2. 4 of the 18 were vegetarian – YES we know how difficult it can be to cater for vegetarians so we made an effort to order their meals first so it was kept separate from the others (we aren’t as fussy as we sound). Instead of vegetarian spring-rolls we received a prawn entree. YUM for a non-veg but being a vegetarian and having prawns for the first time is quite disgusting. Not a good way to start off your meal. The entree was replaced by spring rolls after we made the staff aware of the mix up.
3. Mains took 30-40 minutes after the entrees (thank god for i-phone’s and the great Simpsons game). Yes we should socialize but theirs only so much you can say to the person in front of you (the other option was to yell to the other end of the 6 tables set up side by side).
4. Wooohooo mains are here – “I bet they forget one persons meal”. Not only did they forget one person’s meal or mixed one up with another (god knows which one happened there was no system in taking the order just a white piece of paper with lots of orders on it), but, they forgot the birthday girls meal. Most restaurants would acknowledge your have 18 guests in your restaurant because of the birthday. Restaurant manager – “mm maybe we should pay particular attention to her after all she did bring in the business tonight, nah lets not she’s just another person”.
5. So they forgot her meal – she nicely went and asked the staff if they could make a new one for hMoreer – reply “no sorry we are to busy will take 30 minutes”. Birthday girl comes back upset (way to go tusk for spoiling the party). We kindly asked again to make another yummy pad Thai, urgently, as we are here for her birthday and we would appreciate the effort, if required well pay you double just get her the meal. Reply “sure I will make it right away” – why not say that in the first place instead of fluffy around and ruining the birthday dinner.
6. Great! I’m full now lets have the birthday cake! – After asking 3 times the staff finally brought the cake out. By this time mood was ruined and birthday spoilt.
Overall, bit of a pity especially as we changed our option from ZAP down the road to TUSK as per the wish of the birthday girl. They didn’t come close to the service you’d get at ZAP (totally recommend ZAP, its cheap and cheerful with amazing Thai). Food at TUSK was generally okay and although the long wait you get a fairly good portion for the price and it was warm. No other complaints just bit disappointed with the service.
Do try it for yourself this is simply my opinion and experience. If you don’t want to take the risk go to ZAP (no I don’t have anything to do with the place financially or any other way its just my favorite).
Would I go back ?
I suppose if I wanted to go to a place with great ambience with average Thai food I would.